Home / Tier 2 (work permit)
TIER 2 GENERAL SKILLED WORKER
Work Permit Applications
Tier 2 (General) – skilled worker is for skilled workers with a job offer to come in to fill gaps in the United Kingdom labour force. When Tier 2 (General) – skilled worker goes live in November 2008 it replaces the previous work permit route.
To be eligible to apply to come to the United Kingdom under Tier 2 – skilled worker you need to have:
A job offer
Certificate of sponsorship from one of our licensed sponsors
Scored enough points to apply.
You will need to score a pass mark of 70 points from the three sets of criteria. These are:
· English language skills
You must score at least 50 points in this category. You can score points under three criteria These are:
· Prospective earnings
Resident labour market test
If your job is not on the shortage occupation list, your job offer will need to pass the resident labour market test. This test ensures that resident workers have had the opportunity to apply for the job before it is filled under Tier 2.
To apply under Tier 2 – skilled worker you will require a valid certificate of sponsorship issued by one of our licensed sponsors. You can score up to 50 points for your certificate of sponsorship. Please contact this office is your organization intend to become licensed. If you want to come to the United Kingdom under Tier 2 – skilled worker your potential employer will only issue a certificate of sponsorship if you:
· are filling a vacancy that requires a worker with skills at NVQ level 3 or above
· will comply with the conditions of your permission to stay and leave the United Kingdom when your leave expires
If you have a certificate of sponsorship for a job on a shortage occupation list you will be awarded 50 points.
If you have a certificate of sponsorship for a job not covered by the shortage occupation list, your job will have passed the resident labour market test and you will be awarded 30 points.
You can score up to 15 points for your qualifications. Points will be awarded in the following way:
Qualifications & Points awarded
· No qualifications – 0
· NVQ level3 – 5
· Bachelors or masters – 10
· PhD – 15
You will only be awarded points for the highest level qualification you hold.
You can score up to 20 points for your prospective earnings. Points will be awarded in the following way:
Prospective earning (£) & points awarded:
· 7,000 – 19,999 – 5
· 20,000 – 21,999 – 10
· 22,000 – 23,999 – 15
· 24,000 oer more – 20
What we can do for you?
We will do our best and even go that extra mile for you. We can help you to ensure that your application meets the Immigration requirements.
Please expect us to do the following for you, when you instruct us to represent you or a member of your family:
· Full and professional assessment of your case
· Advice on whether you should consider a different immigration programme or category
· Strong and weak points of your application
· Advice on correct list of documents
· Advice on evidence required
· Instructing your sponsor, relative, employer or college (if required)
· Final check of your documents before submission to the Home Office/British Diplomatic Post
· Creating a professionally looking paginated immigration bundle
· Drafting representations and cover letters to the Home Office/British Diplomatic Post
· Submission your application to the Home Office/British Diplomatic Post
· Correspondence with the Home Office/British Diplomatic Post
· Keeping you updated by post, E-mail or phone on the progress of your application
· If something goes wrong : requesting a review or reconsideration
· Any further in-country/out-of-country immigration assistance
The above list is not exhaustive as we treat every client’s case individually. Please do not hesitate to contact us for a professional immigration advice.